Thursday, April 1, 2010

concept bike



This is a sketch in the rough stages of a bike design I'm working on.

I love motorbikes big time, but I've not drawn many. I like Harley's and wanna own one some day, but when it comes to artwork I'm more keen on sports bikes. Especially concept bikes.

Katsuhiro Otomo's Akira books have been a big influence on my own artwork for a long time now. In particular his environments. However he's an all round legendary artist, and some of his designs such as Kaneda's bike (you know the one... if you don't...tsk tsk...) are personal favourites of mine.

I'm going to do this bike in full colour. At the moment I'm just trying to nail down the definitive design for it. It's much easier to draw things from different angles if you actually know what it looks like in profile etc.

Anyway let me know if you want to see more of this sort of stuff. I do mostly figure drawing, so it's always nice to switch it up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment